Spillage, spewage, & sometimes just some really fun stuff that comes out of my melon.
Friday, May 1, 2015
What do we do with our problems?
Saw this on Facebook today.
It actually put me into a little bit of shock, tbh.
I don't agree with this at all.
Firstly, because it tells me that I fall into one of these groups of people - either the 80% who don't care, or the 20% who are glad. And that's just not true of me. I almost feel like this statement doesn't even give caring people a chance. And while it's completely up to each one of us if we talk about our problems or not, I value being given an opportunity to listen, and to share if I feel I have something of value to share. If someone trusts me with a problem they're having, I feel a great sense of honor and a closer connection with that person.
Secondly - the idea of never telling my problems to anyone is an isolating, lonely and overwhelming one. When I internalize my problems, they never come to light. I'm a big fan of having things out in the open. Truth and transparency, in my opinion, take the power away from secrets. Also, if I don't talk to anyone about my problems, I don't get nearly as much chance to learn from my experiences or to get feedback or perspective from anywhere except my own mind. And really, my own mind can be a scary place to live sometimes. When left to my own devices, I create a whirling dervish of downward thought that never creates a resolution.
I don't know...this idea just creates a box that I can't stand to think of living in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment