At first, today really didn't seem all that profound or special. A day devoted to housework? Hmm. But I woke up with ambition this morning, made my "to-do" list so my head didn't go all spinny, and set to getting things crossed off. (Note: I'm one who will write "breakfast" on my list, while I'm eating, just so I can cross it off and feel like I'm on the right track. hehe.)
As I worked on things that I knew I had needed to do for a while now, I realized that with every thing I crossed off my list, I was closer to my goal of a clean house. And if I had to go back to a room I'd already done, the feeling of serenity that came over me when I entered that space amazed me. And it actually spurred me on and helped me stay motivated to keep going.
And I started to think.
Might a part of the stress I feel on a day-to-day basis be related to how messy our space is?
And if so, why did it take several reminders from my dear hubby to get my butt in gear?
Is it because I don't know what stresses me out?
If this is one of those blessings of being married, I'm sure feeling it today. I got through the whole house and finished everything on my list, and I even had time to make a homemade deep dish pizza in time for supper.
(and THAT was good...)
Back to the messy-space idea for just a sec.
How can I clean out the messy space in my melon? Not so much today, but there have been times where my thoughts are just wow - all over the place - and I can't get a grip on any of them. I think this blog may help me if I can remember to throw them out here, and maybe it'll be kind of like my to-do list in the sense that I can see them each on their own as opposed to having them running rampant in my noggin.
Anyway...
It was a good day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment